Photo by Kristoffer Øen
“Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man as he really is."
- William Jones
ME(et) YOU is an intimate dance performance that explores the individual experiences that occur during the first moment of encounter. How do we greet others? How can body language communicate these experiences? In what way do social and geographical norms play a part? Are we aware of this? The piece plays between a physical and sensory landscape which explores the many impressions that occur during a first meeting.
Idea & concept: Bysheim & Vella
Performance & choreography: Lisa Colette Bysheim & Sarah Vella
Music & composition: Mads Svee
Light design: Thomas Bruvik
Video Production: Hendryk K. Kar & Melissa Faivre
Producer: Bergen Dansesenter / Tina H. Engedal
Funded by: Bergen City Council, Malta Arts Fund - cultural export fund and Bergen Dansesenter - regional kompetansesenter for dans.
- 15th January 2017, Theatreforum Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
- 14th January 2017, Theatreforum Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
- 13th January 2017, Theatreforum Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
- 26th November 2016, Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta, Malta
- 14th October 2016, Cornerteateret, Bergen, Norway
- 15th October 2016, Cornerteateret, Bergen, Norway