Photos by: Takumi Morozumi
IF ONLY is a choreography by Lisa Colette Bysheim that sits at the intersection of spoken words and choreography, exploring the relationship between language and movement. Five performers move through a landscape of: spoken words, microphone cords, sound and movement. The sound is amplified and transformed through microphone wires acting as a changing scenography. IF ONLY plays with the construction of language and deconstruction of meaning and linearity within spoken words and movement.
It is Lisa Colette Bysheim´s graduating work from her Masters in Choreography at Oslo National Academy of the Arts.
Concept & Choreography Lisa Colette Bysheim
Mentors: Janne-Camilla Lyster & Ingrid Berger Mhyre
Sound design: Mike McCormick
Light design: Eirik Lie Hegre
Photographer of process: Takumi Morozumi
Costume designers: Nathan Neyaro, Clara Carstensen Heinius, Linus Saxvik
Putli Hellesen, Emilie Marie Karlsen, Anu Laiho,
Venla Niitemaa & Ole Marius Støle.
Supported by: KHIO MA Choreography program
Special thanks to Per Roar Thorsnes, Anne-Grete Eriksen & Bojana Cvejic
- 29th October 2020 Oktoberdans, Bergen. Progress Sharing
- 19th March 2021 Premiere, Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway
- 22nd March 2021 Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway
- 23rd March 2021 Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway
- 24th March 2021 Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway